We are looking for a QHS Specialist to support our team in implementing quality, health and safety systems. This is a 6-month fixed term contract with the possibility to extend.
Your first task will be getting us in a position to pass ISO audit in the first six months, with a view to expanding into personnel support in the future. Independent work is expected, and there is plenty of opportunity to create your own mark on the business. The role reports to the Director – HSE and is supported by an external HS Advisor and our team administrator.
This position is largely one of document control. You will be responsible for managing the company quality, health and safety requirements in accordance with ISO AS/NZS 45001 and ISO 9001.
In the initial six months of this role, your focus will be:
• To ensure that document filing is captured and managed
• To ensure ease of retrieval of documents when required
• To assist in all Quality, Health and Safety training coordination
• To develop and keep up to date a training matrix for all staff
• To prepare agenda and record health and safety committee minutes
• To assist with document preparation of annual audits
• Contractor management
• Conducting of internal audit(s)
• To help maintain Quality Assurance records in accordance to ISO 9001 standards.
Skills and experience – the ideal person:
• Has a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
• Enjoys variety in their day and is flexible in nature
• Has previous experience in health and safety and ISO quality systems
• Has the ability to work and communicate with a range of people internally and externally
• Is approachable and a team player
• Is good with detail and problem solving.
This role is based in our New Plymouth office.
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 21 February 2020.